Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Roster Prediction Part I


In just 11 days, the Bengals have to go from 86 players to 53. He is my early prediction on the final roster.

(Number in parenthesis is my prediction for how many the Bengals will keep at the respective position)

  

Quarterback (2)

Locks: Dalton

My Picks: Josh Johnson

Outside Looking In: John Skelton, Robinson

 

Running Backs (4)

Locks: BJGE, Giovanni Bernard

My Picks: Peerman, Burkhead

Outside Looking In: Herron, Scott

 

Full Backs (1)

Locks:

My Picks: John Conner

Outside Looking In:

**I don’t see enough out of Charles in order to keep him as the sole FB. I have seen that experiment before (Daniel Coates) and it wasn’t pretty. In the AFC North, a FB is needed.

 

Wide Receivers (6)

Locks: AJ, Sanu, Jones,

My Picks: Sanzenbacher, Tate, Hamilton, Whalen

Outside Looking In: Roundtree, Rogers

 

Tight Ends (3)

Locks: Gresham, Eifert

My Picks: Charles

Outside Looking In: Smith, Quinn

 

Offensive Line (9)

Locks: Whitworth, Boling, Cook, Zeitler, Smith, Collins

My Picks: Robinson, Hawkinson, Roland

Outside Looking In: T.J. Johnson, Pollak

**I believe Fragel will be put on the PUP list and likely moved to IR. If he is not moved to IR and all O-Lineman are healthy when he is eligible to come off, I believe Roland will be waived to make room.

 

Defensive Line (9)

Locks: Dunlap, Atkins, Peko, MJ, Gillberry, Still, Hunt

My Picks: Geathers, Thompson

Outside Looking In: Moch, Stephens, Evans

**I think Moch is the wildcard – if he shows enough, they may keep him in place of Geathers, Thompson, or a 6th LB. I would love to see Moch on the team, but this team is so deep and I just don’t see how he makes this team.

 

Line Backers (6)

Locks: Burfict, Maualuga, Harrison

My Picks: Lamur, DiManche, Schaffer

Outside Looking In: Vinny Rey, Brandon Joiner, Bruce Taylor

 

Corner Backs (6)

Locks: Hall, Newman, Jones, Kirkpatrick

My Picks: Ghee, Prater

Outside Looking In: Lewis-Harris, McCalebb, Brown

 

Safeties (4)

Locks: Nelson, Iloka, Williams

My Picks: Miles

Outside Looking In: Mays, Dye

 

Long Snapper (1)

Clark Harris

 

Kicker (1)

Nugent

 

Punter (1)

Huber

 

Practice Squad (8)

My Picks: Zac Robinson (QB), Dan Herron (RB), T.J. Johnson (C), Terrence Stephens (DT), Brandon Joiner (LB), Bruce Taylor (LB), Onterio McCalebb, Roy Roundtree (WR)

**Note: I do not believe Herron will make it through waivers to get to the PS, in that situation, I believe Chris Lewis-Harris (CB) makes the PS.

PUP List

Chris Pressley

Bernard Scott

Reid Fragel

 

IR (return)

Andrew Hawkins

 

IR

Sean Porter

 

No comments:

Post a Comment