Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Divisional Look



Saints @ Seahawks

Pick: Saints

Just last week, I picked the Seahawks to play the Bengals in the Super Bowl. The Bengals went on vacation early and now I am predicting my other Super Bowl pick to join them on the beach. Common sense says the Seahawks, but my gut just feels like the Saints are going to win.

Why I Might be Right: 6 weeks ago, the Saints went to Seattle and got hammered. However, lest we not forget, going into that game, it was a toss-up over who was the better team in the NFC, the Seahawks or Saints. Nothing could have gone worse for the Saints that day. The weather was cold, it was raining, the Seahawks were playing well and the Saints were not playing as well as they had been earlier in the year. All added up to a thumping by the Seahawks. I don’t see that happening again. The Saints got “can’t win on the road” monkey off their back last week. They also got the “can’t win in poor weather” monkey off their back. As much as I like Wilson and the 12th man, I trust Brees and Peyton more than Wilson and Carroll.


Why I Might be Wrong: Because 6 weeks ago, the Saints went to Seattle and got hammered.

 

Colts @ Patriots

Pick: Patriots

The Colts had a miraculous comeback last week, but they got behind 38-10 to Alex Smith and Andy Reid, not exactly Tom Brady and Bill Belichick.  If Alex Smith can put up 44, Tom Brady

Why I Might be Right: 1) If Alex Smith can put up 44 points in Indy, Tom Brady may put up 800 in Foxboro; and 2) the Chiefs coaching staff couldn’t take away Luck’s only weapon (Hilton) – that won’t be the case with Belichick. If the Colts are going to beat the Patriots, they will be forced to beat the Patriots with someone other than T Y Hilton.
Why I Might be Wrong: Andrew Luck is one hell of a quarter back and the Colts may be able to use the momentum from last week to springboard to the AFC Championship.

 

49ers @ Panthers

Pick: 49ers

In week 10, the Panthers went to San Francisco and surprised the 49ers 10-9, so they will be confident. I just don’t see this being a game the Panthers will win.

Why I Might be Right: In their week 10 matchup, Kaepernick was struggling and missing Crabtree. Kaepernick – with the help of a healthy Crabtree – Kaepernick is playing much better now. I also like the experience and drive of the 49ers and will always lean toward a team coached by Jim Harbaugh over a team coached by Ron Rivera.
Why I Might be Wrong: I don’t trust Cam Newton, but he is the most physically gifted quarter back in the NFL. Therefore, anytime he is on the field, his team will have a chance.

 

Chargers @ Broncos

Pick: Broncos

Last time these two met in Denver, the Chargers pulled off a very impressive and somewhat dominating victory, but I think Manning and the Broncos have some unfinished business from 2012. Plus, Ken Wisenhunt doesn’t think 3 interviews last week was a big deal. I do.

Why I Might be Right: Peyton Manning.
Why I Might be Wrong: The Chargers are on a 5 game winning streak, played well last week in Cincinnati and looked very impressive in their last trip to Denver.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment